Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome to trujillovolunteers.blogspot.com!

This blog is written for and by foreigners who come to Trujillo, Peru to do volunteer work. Specifically we will start with my project, but may expand over time.

My name is Joe and I have been at La Beneficencia Publica de Trujillo since Sept 10th. I was placed by i-to-i, a British placement agency. I have 1.5 weeks left on my project, and will be welcoming a new volunteer on Monday who will take over when I am gone.

The main idea of this blog will be to share ideas, record experiences, and hopefully make transitions to projects easier for new volunteers. There is a lack of communication between generations of volunteers, and there needs to be a central place to discuss what is going on at the project and what can be done to solve problems and make progress.

This blog will also be a way for alumni/vets to check up on their projects to see what's new!

I am hoping that all i-to-i volunteers in Trujillo will post daily on those days that they go to work.

All for now, Abrazos!

1 comment:

Judy Mabe said...

Im looking forward to hearing from the next volunteer as Im coming to Trujillo in February.